What is past indefinite tense?
Past Indefinite Tense Formula for Affirmative Sentence
Subject + Form of verb2 + object + …………… (.)
Past Indefinite Tense Formula for Negative Sentence
Subject + did not + form of verb1 + object + …………… (.)
Past Indefinite Tense Formula for Interrogative Sentences
Did + Subject + form of verb1 + object + …………… (?)
Past Indefinite Affirmative Sentences
Rule: Subject + 2nd form of verb + object + ………… (.)
Past indefinite examples:
- His eyes filled with tears.
- She loved her father.
- I did my homework.
- The sword fell from his hands.
- My brother played hockey.
- We went to school.
- He wanted to advise him.
- He abused him
- He recited the Holy Book.
- He cultivated the rice.
- He cheated them.
- I supported him.
- They dug the grave.
Past indefinite affirmative rules and examples
Past Indefinate Negative Sentences
Rule: Subject + did not + 1st form of verb + object + …… (.)
Past indefinite negative sentences
- They did not help the poor.
- He did not go to school.
- They did not post the letter.
- They did not admit your mistakes.
- It did not snow on the mountains.
- You did not finish your work.
- They did not catch the fish.
- He did not preach him.
- They did not teach us English.
- He did not advise him.
- The girl did not dress the hair.
Past indefinite negative sentences and formula
Past Indefinate Interrogative Sentences
Rule: Did + Subject + 1st form of verb + object …… (?)
Past indefinite interrogative sentences
- Did the words start to appear?
- Did the grandmother tell us an interesting story?
- Did they wait for their friend?
- Did it rain yesterday?
- Did our team win the match?
- Did he know how to contest the election?
- Did he oppose him?
- Did he want to kill his father?
- Did he tease the cattle?
- Did they help the poor?
- Did they drive the car?
- Did the teacher tell a story to the boys?
- Did Ali win the match?
Try our all 12 tenses notes: Tenses
Past indefinite interrogative sentences and rules
Download Past Indefinite Tense Formula, Definition, Examples